Thursday, July 28, 2011

An Act of Contrition

I was thinking last night about all of the prayers I learned while attending Catholic School as a child and realized that I recalled most of them verbatim.  But one that sticks out in my mind over and over again is the Act of Contrition.  We all sin - whether we mean to or not and I've always tried to do my best but still fall short as well.  I have decided that I will recite this one daily in an effort to be what I want to be- a good Christian.

My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart.
In choosing to do wrong, and failing to do good,
I have sinned against You, whom I should love above all things.
With Your help, I will do penance, sin no more,
and avoid thoae things which leads me to sin against you.
Jesus Christ suffered and died for our sins
in His name, have mercy on us.

Amen

 


Be Blessed!
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment